EXPLODING THE MOMENT
1. Select a sentence
2. Explode that sentence
3. Provide your reader with a frame by frame picture of the action (details, details, details)
4. Provide your reader with insights into the character's thoughts and senses.
5. Consider other tools
Publish your EXPLOSION below and see what others have done as well.
It was me and my grandpa riding four wheelers checking on the cattle. My grandpa got off the four wheeler to go feed them outta the bucket. Then outta no where a heifer comes charging at my grandpa. So he runs to the four wheeler and pins it.
ReplyDeleteI'm sitting on the back of the four wheeler so I don't have any thing to hold on to other then the bar behind me. So by the time we take off the cow is about 10 yards away. I could hear the cow running at us getting closer I could nearly feel it breathe heavily on me neck behind me. My grandpa handed me the bull whip, I turned around saw the cow gaining up on us, then I hit the cow in its neck then in pain it slowed down and stopped.
My exploding moment in my memoir My First Memory was in 2nd grade when I went to Florida. One day we went to the beach, another day we hanged out at our condo, another day we went to Disney world, another day we went to Sea World. When we were at the beach it was so much better then being in Iowa at the time especially since while we were gone there was a tornado here. Disney world was so big and we did a ton of things there like rode rides, took pictures, went in the castle, and a lot more. When we went to Sea world we saw a lot of different fish that live in the Sea and we also went to some shows of trainers and their whales. I thought the show was really cool. Also we did a lot of other things while we were there but these were some of the exploding moments!
ReplyDeleteWe both look closely down into the suprisingly clear water of the creak. We Scan our eyes over the over flowed creak. We lean over the bridge's rail to look down at the still dirt and sand at the bottom. We squint and lean even farther. Then a movement we see. Sara points at it. "Look!" she says and i follow her finger pointing in the direction. I see it! I huge fish! at least a foot long! One more! Then another! I look ever at Sara's excided face and look back down to the fish with amazement.
ReplyDeleteMy exploding moment in my memoir My First Memory was when I was bit by my dog and had to get stitches. One day I was dancing around in my room and jamming out to music. I was 3 years old at this time and really didn't know much about respect. I picked up my dog and started dancing with him and all of a sudden he bit me. I had to be rushed to a hospital in Waterloo. I had to be "mummy wrapped" and couldn't get Novicane because it might have messed up my lip. After I got my stitches I was rewarded by going out to eat. About 3 weeks after that I got my stitches out.
ReplyDeleteI was very particular and serious when I “farmed.” When I was really young maybe 4-5, I pushed my John Deere replicas back and forth across the floor, the little tiny wheels squeaking and the sound my voice humming to the sound of a tractor. Turning around at the end of the field making sure the tractor didn't hit the plow. I would get louder or softer when the truck or tractor switched gears, when it was starting or stopping, and when the tractor hit a rough spot in the “field.” I was usually a happy little farmer but that changed when I had a breakdown. A wheel would fall of or a disc or blade would come off and I would start getting very upset. I was just in my own world with my tractors getting some “farming” done. Even tough it wasn't real I wanted it to be as close as possible.
ReplyDeleteMy sentence is he punched a hole in the wall..He stormed into the hallway towards my mom and I. He started pushing my mom around, and I remember thinking about punching him. I was clenching my fists tightly, deciding wether or not I should. My mom was worried he was going to break something. He heard her say this, so he punched a hole in the wall just because she didn't want him to.
ReplyDelete